Why May You Need Help with Writing a Statement of Interest?
As part of the application process for certain positions, you may face with a challenge of writing a statement of interest or letter of inspiration for your application. This will be in addition to the many other documents that you will be asked to include and should be completed to the best of your abilities. The aim of this statement is to distinctively and effectively communicate your interests, goals, or work experiences relevant to your requested area of study or employment. You may focus on the area you are aiming for or on an idea that engages you and allows you to showcase what you’ve done so far to follow up on your goals.
Reliable Help with Writing a Statement of Interest Letter
Firstly, you will need to spend some time researching a company and try to find someone specific to send the letter to such as an executive in a division you’re interested in. Check whether you have any connections at the company through family, friends, or former colleagues which can assist in this capacity. Your statement of interest letter should contain information on why the company interests you and why your skills and experience would be an asset to the company. Use the letter to sell yourself, explaining how you would add value to the company.
In the conclusion, provide information on how you can be contacted if the company is interested in following up with you.Keep your letter short and succinct,you want to get your point across quickly and clearly without taking up too much of their time. Take a look through these detailed tips in our statement of interest sample letter before you start writing you own:
- As with all writing of this importance, start by drafting an outline of all the relevant information.
- Describe an important experience that is relevant to the position that you are applying for.
- Focus on your goals and how they coincide with the company’s mission.
- Be specific. Be unique. Be Honest.
- Be relevant. If it does not directly benefit your application then you should not be including it within your statement.
- Use simple language that anyone can understand so never use acronyms, slang, or any unusual words dragged out of your dictionary.
- Make sure that you proofread everything when you have finished writing so that there are no errors, the smallest mistake can let you down.
Here’s what Mike Simpson, Contributing writer at The Interview Guys, has to say about it:
Common Mistakes with Statement of Interest Letter Writing and How to Avoid Them
Your statement of interest can be a powerful tool if used correctly, but many people often over complicate them resulting in lengthy essays that are non-informative or are just a repeat of their resumes. You are only looking to provide 2 pages maximum to brag about yourself so don’t:
- Focus on all of your experiences. They are already included in your resume. Instead, try to give them something new to learn about you, if you think that you are an exciting person with high skills prove it in your writing.
- Copy the information from your resume. They will already have your file, including your resume so when they ask for a statement of interest; it is with the intention of learning more about your goals, and hopes. Prove you know what you’re doing and that you have the required skills for them to choose you among others.
- Second-guess what the hiring committee is looking for. Be mindful of who you are and that you are seeking a position that is a good match for your abilities.
- Reveal weaknesses in your personality. Instead, frame your positive points.
- Use clichés. This is not what they are hoping to read. Be as creative as you can. Focus your writing on what makes you stand out from the crowd.
Why Not Let Us Write Your Statement of Interest for You?
Even with a statement of interest sample letter to help guide them, many people still find that writing about themselves in this way is far from easy. This is why you may want to turn to our highly specialized writing services for help that is provided from some of the best letter writers for hire available online. Through them, we can quickly provide unique and well-written statements of interest to match your exact requirements. Our writers understand precisely what information and qualities are needed to create an effective letter of interest.