Writing a cover letter for a resume
The cover letter is a brief document included with your resume when applying for a job. It serves as your introduction and is often the first thing a company looks at to decide if they want to proceed further. There are three main parts of the cover letter, and they are structured as follows:
- Introduction – Introduce yourself and state the position you are applying for. Provide a brief outline of your qualifications and expertise that make you the most suitable applicant for the position. Also include where you learned about the position.
- Body – Present your case for why you are the best choice for the position. Focus on two or three key qualities and skills that are especially relevant. Include examples of how you have demonstrated key qualities and skills discussed. Discuss how your skills match what the company is looking for.
- Conclusion – Reiterate why you are the best suited applicant for the position. Request an interview and include your contact information. Thank the reader for their time.
When writing a resume cover letter, keep in mind that certain items such as key skills may need to be changed for each job applied for to effectively target individual jobs.
Tips and suggestions for writing a cover letter for a resume
- Write clearly and concisely without any unnecessary words or filler. It makes the letter easier to read and clear concise writing is considered a useful skill.
- Do some research before starting official letter writing, and include a small bit of information about the company that shows you have taken the time to research.
- When possible address your letters to a specific individual.
- Proofread for spelling and grammatical errors. They create an unfavorable impression.
Resume letter writing usually involves plenty of rewriting. Every word should serve a purpose and contribute something positive to the letter. If you are having difficulty writing just the right letter, you may want to consider using the resume and cover letter writing services we provide.
The best service for writing a cover letter for a resume
Our professional letter writing service provides cover letter writing that gets results. The professional writers we use are experienced with cover letter writing as well as having advanced degrees in a variety of fields. Writers are assigned to cover letter writing projects in a field related to their degree. Every letter we provide is original and tailored to meet the individual’s specific requirements. Other benefits of using our service include:
- Free proofreading and free plagiarism checks with every letter we write to ensure an error free letter and verify its originality.
- Full satisfaction money back guarantee with every letter
- Inexpensive rates that are easy to afford
- Courteous and helpful customer support 24/7