Why Do You Want to Write a Letter to the Editor of a Newspaper?
Writing a letter to newspaper editor is not as easy as you may think. Many people will fell passionate about something that they have read in the paper and want to say something while others may just want to inform people of something that is important. But there are few letters that actually get selected by the editor for publication.
They will often receive many letters so they are going to only read those that are capable of getting their attention. After all if you can’t get the editors attention then the readers are not likely to be interested in what you have to say either. But writing your letter in a way that is going to be noticed and published is not easy at all, that’s why a lot of people decide to use the help of letter writing service.
Tips for Writing Letter to Editor of Newspaper
The following are some easy to follow tips for writing your own letter to newspaper editor:
- Respond in a timely manner; most letters are written in response to an article that has appeared within the newspaper that you are writing to. Try to respond within 2-3 days as any longer and your letter will be “old news”.
- Familiarize yourself with the sorts of letters that are published and how they are written so that you know what works for others.
- Does the paper have guidelines for letters? Check the papers website or contact them for guidance. Many will only consider publication if you have met their specific requirements.
- Be very clear about your reason for writing; if you are angry, want to make a correction, want to try to influence a decision, or any one of a thousand reasons. Make sure you understand your specific reason for writing.
- Use a formal business letter template for your letter if the paper does not have a defined format to use. Ensure that you put their address and your own as you would for a formal letter of this type along with the date.
- If possible address the editor or responsible individual by name; Dear “editor”
- State what article it is that you are responding to and when that article was published.
- Clearly make your position on the article and why you feel the need to write your letter.
- Focus on a single point as you will not be able to write a long letter.
- Provide evidence to back up your point.
- If possible make it personal with your own personal experience.
- Make it clear what you expect should be done; provide your won call to action.
- Close with a one line summary to remind the reader what your letter is about.
- Sign off with who you are and where you are from.
- If you want your letter to be published anonymously ensure that you provide a note to say so.
- Proofread your letter carefully to ensure that there are no mistakes.
We Can Write Your Letter to a Newspaper Editor
We offer highly effective letter to the editor writing through our staff that are highly qualified and experienced within the areas in which they work. Each holds a higher level degree and will only work in their areas of expertise. Our letter writing always provides original and well written letters that will be tailored to your specifications. All work is proofread and plagiarism report will be provided. Your letter will be written quickly and delivered within your stated deadline at all times.