Elements of official letter writing
When writing an official letter of some type the are several elements that you must take into consideration. These include:
- Official letter writing format: Concerns the structure and layout of the official letter. Essentially, the same format is used as when writing business letters. However, your address will be displayed on the right as opposed to the left, with the date located under your address.
- Official letter writing conventions: The generally accepted way of writing certain parts of your official letter. Conventions will include the location of your address (top right), address of who you are writing (left side slightly lower than your address), date in full format just beneath your address, salutations and closings
- Content of your official letter: Information you include in the letter
- Introductory Paragraph – The introductory paragraph should be concise and should clearly state the purpose of the letter which will be either to make a complaint, make an inquiry or to request something.
- Main Body – The main body should clearly state the points that you want to make. It should also be concise but provides more detail than the introduction
- Concluding Paragraph – Outlines the specific action you want the recipient to take
Reviewing official letter writing samples will help you get a better grasp of the format of the official letter.
Tips to help you with official letter writing tasks
The official letter is one of the more difficult types of letter writing you will encounter. The following are some basic writing tips that you should keep in mind when writing official letters:
- Use a clear and concise style of writing. Make sure you use words that are easy to understand and that you get directly to the point
- Avoid the use of colloquialisms and slang. Keep a formal and professional tone
- Don’t be vague. State exactly what you mean in no uncertain terms.
- Proofread. Make sure there are no spelling mistakes or grammatical errors.
If you need help with writing an official letter, our professional letter writing service is standing by.
We set the benchmark in professional letter writing services
Our service offers all types of letter writing for any purpose. The professional letter writers we use are skilled at what they do and have a large amount of experience with official letter writing. Every writer possesses an upper-level degree, and when the particular field involved is important, a writer from the same field will be assigned. Additional benefits of using our letter writing services include:
- Free plagiarism checks and free proofreading with every letter we write to verify originality and ensure an error free letter
- Fast and easy online order and payment process
- Customer support 24/7
- Complete customer confidentiality